1-5 ~ 6-10
11) I miss playing the trombone.
12) When I was a boy, like all boys, I decided I was going to run away from home. My mother helped me pack. As she did this, she wore down my desire to run away by discussing logistics. She did this all in a very matter-of-fact way, as if she fully expected me to leave and was just offering some basic advice.
It was one of the more cunningly brilliant things my mother has ever done and memories of this always lead me to question my perception when I think she is being stupid.
13) At around that same time in my life, I stole a cinnamon-flavored Jolly Rancher from 7-Eleven. I was paralyzed with fear that I would get caught and kept it hidden under my bed for several weeks. Occasionally I would sneak into my room, close the door, unwrap the candy and put it in my mouth for a few seconds. Then I would re-wrap the candy and hide it again under my bed. Each time I heard a police siren I was sure they were coming for me.
14) Biking into work this morning, I could not stop singing the Huey Lewis & The News hit "If This Is It." If ever there were a sure sign of madness, this is it (doo-wop).
15) I have had my tonsils removed twice.