I finally got a chance Wednesday to meet Chris, aka Curly. Interesting fact for the ladies: his voice is deeper than I would have expected. I learned this when he serenaded me with a touching rendition of Luther Vandross' "How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye."
OK, I made that up.
Nonetheless, by purchasing dinner for me (£5.45 for steak and a drink!), he has secured himself as one of the bloggers that I will mention as my favourites. Here are a few of the high points from our conversation:
- Good name for a band: Big Gay Mexican
- His Canadian accent is shit.
- My Welsh accent is shit.
- Crystal is pretty.
- Astrid is pretty.
- Alan Titchmarsh is an ass
- When Wales wins at rugby, Chris drunkenly calls his parents to tell them he loves them.
- Like much of the Western world, after drinking consecutive pints of Guinness we'll inexplicably start speaking in shit Irish accents. Much to our chagrin, this impresses no one.
Somehow it took us three hours for us to cover all of that.